Privacy & Security Statement
Koopman Lumber Company respects your privacy. Our Privacy Statement applies to personal information we collect on our site KoopmanPro.com and other official Koopman Lumber Company sites (the “Site”), including mobile sites, that link to this Privacy Statement, any official Koopman Lumber Company survey forms, applications, and contest entry forms on third-party sites that link to this Privacy Statement, and official Koopman Lumber Company mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement (the “Mobile Applications”). The term “Site” also does not refer to our current ad pages featuring our local affiliate stores. In some cases, a website or online service linked to our KoopmanPro.com sites may be covered by a specific Privacy Statement that details privacy practices specific to that website or online service.
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we collect on the Site, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. The Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to update your preferences regarding how we communicate with you or answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Privacy & Security Statement
You may choose to provide us with personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information), such as:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and your title or occupation.
- Login and access credentials (such as username and password) for your Koopman Lumber Company account.
- Payment information, such as your payment card number and expiration date.
- Date of birth.
- The geolocation of your device (such as if you opt to use the “Find Near Me” feature of the mobile-optimized portion of our websites or our Mobile Applications).
- The unique ID number that may be associated with certain Koopman Lumber Company accounts.
- Certain information about your Koopman Lumber Company purchases returns or exchanges.
- Personal information in communications and other content you submit, such as photographs, product information and details about your projects and property.
- Social media IDs, such as for Facebook or Twitter.
- Personal information you submit about your business to Koopman Lumber Company
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Panel and Global Storage Settings Panel. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our Site or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party Web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the technology described above to help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected by the technology (including your IP address) will be disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site.
We may use the information collected through automated means to provide a better shopping experience and for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you've visited us before or are new to the Site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures. We also may use this information to target custom content and ads to you on this and other websites, including as described in the Interest-Based Advertising section below.
Information Collected Automatically by the Mobile Applications
If you elect to install the Mobile Applications, the information we collect may include the following:
- Your geographic location, including within a Koopman Lumber Company's store and the surrounding area.
- Information about your use of the Mobile Applications.
- The type of device you use and its operating system.
- Identification details of your device (e.g., unique device identifier)
- IP address
- Your use of mobile coupons.
This information will allow push notifications and other targeted marketing designed specifically for your shopping preferences such as special offers based upon areas in which you may be shopping in the store, and shopping lists with specific items located for your convenience when you are shopping a particular store, as well as for other in-store mapping and routing services. It also may be used for the other purposes specified in this Privacy Statement.
Data about your activities online is being collected on our Site for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests. You may choose whether or not to have your information collected for that purpose. This section of the Privacy Statement provides details and explains how to exercise that choice.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the technologies described in the Information We Collect By Automated Means section above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network, such as sites that feature advertisements delivered by the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect through the Site to:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about products, services, events and promotions (including by sending you newsletters, coupons and other marketing communications).
- Process, record and track your purchases, payments and rebates.
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications.
- Manage our customer information databases.
- Operate registrations.
- Administer contests, sweepstakes and surveys.
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your accounts.
- Customize your experience with our Site.
- Provide you with in-store navigation and mapping services.
- Allow you to find locations near you.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research, data analytics and data appends; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and Site; administering our Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, such as our Terms and Conditions of Use.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of the collection.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information we collect on the Site with certain service providers, some of whom may use the information for their own purposes. We also may share your information among our affiliates, joint marketing partners and companies that fulfill orders placed with us, who may send you marketing information. In addition, we may share personal information we collect on the Site at your request.
We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity; or (v) to assist in collecting debt owed by you.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including, without limitation, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation). Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Where applicable, you may amend your preferences regarding how we communicate with you by updating your profile within your Koopman Lumber Company account, using the settings pages on certain websites or contacting us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
To be removed from all of KoopmanPro.com’s official email, telephone and postal mail marketing, choose one of the following options:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org and type “REMOVE FROM ALL MARKETING” in the subject line
- send your request by mail to: Unsubscribe 665 Church Street Whitinsville, MA 01588
For any of these options, please include your name, address, phone number and email address in the request, and let us know how you provided us with the information.
You may access the profile page of certain accounts you maintain on our Site to modify certain personal information associated with your profile and indicate certain communications preferences.
Email, Account Profile, and Communications Preferences Generally
Where applicable, you may amend your preferences regarding how we communicate with you through email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in an email you receive from us, by updating certain subscriptions within certain Koopman Lumber Company accounts, within settings pages or by contacting us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
To stop collection of information by the Mobile Applications, delete the applications from your device. To stop only the collection of information from the geolocation services available on your device (such as your device's GPS functionality), use your device's settings to deactivate the Mobile Applications' access to those services.
Do Not Track
We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser or other mechanisms that enable consumer choice regarding the collection of personal information about one's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.Koopman Lumber Company Privacy and Security Statement
To exercise a choice under a prior version of this statement, contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
Notice to California CustomersCalifornia Rights & Regulations
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us as follows:
Koopman Lumber Company
Attn: Privacy Support
665 Church Street
Whitinsville, MA 01588
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on our Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
Links to Other Websites
This Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites, including those operated by KoopmanPro.com, may have their own privacy notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that we do not control, any use of those websites or the privacy practices of those websites.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will post a notice on Koopman Lumber Company and certain other parts of the Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as indicated below. When you contact us about personal information we hold about you, please let us know where you provided us with the information.
Koopman Lumber Company
Attn: Privacy Support
665 Church Street
Whitinsville, MA 01588